Information you provide to us. Personal information you provide to us through the Service or otherwise may include:
- Contact information, such as your first and last name, email and mailing addresses, phone number, professional title and company name.
- Content you choose to upload to the Service, such as text, images, audio, and video, along with the metadata associated with the files you upload.
- Profile information, such as your username and password that you may set to establish an online account with us.
- Familial information, such as information about your partner, spouse, kids, parents, grandparents, pets including such individuals’ ages, genders, or names. Please do not provide us with this information unless you have the consent of the individual to whom the information pertains.
- Mode of living information, such as your home address and whether you own or rent your residence.
- Employment information, such as the industries in which you work, your employer, and your employment history.
- Insurance information, such as household, vehicle, medical, dental, disability, umbrella, unemployment, vision, phone or life insurance information and the underlying policies.
- Auto information, such as whether you own, lease or finance your vehicle, the vehicle’s estimated value, and vehicle make and model.
- Registration information, such as information that may be related to a service, an account or an event for which you register.
- Feedback or correspondence, such as information you provide when you contact us with questions, feedback, or otherwise correspond with us.
- Demographic information, such as your city, state, country of residence, postal code, tobacco and/or vaping use, gender, and age.
- Financial information, such as your stated income or net worth.
- Marketing information, such as your preferences for receiving communications about our products, services, activities, and events, and details about how you engage with our communications
Automatic data collection. We, our service providers, and our business partners may automatically log information about you, your computer or mobile device, and your activity over time on our Service and other sites and online services, such as:
- Device information, such as your computer or mobile device operating system type and version number, manufacturer and model, browser type, screen resolution, IP address, unique identifiers, the website you visited before browsing to our website, and general location information such as city, state or geographic area.
- Online activity information, such as pages or screens you viewed, how long you spent on a page or screen, navigation paths between pages or screens, information about your activity on a page or screen, access times, and duration of access.
Cookies and similar technologies. Like many online services, the following technologies may be used to facilitate the automatic data collection described above:
- Cookies, which are text files that websites store on a visitor‘s device to uniquely identify the visitor’s browser or to store information or settings in the browser for the purpose of helping you navigate between pages efficiently, remembering your preferences, enabling functionality, and helping us understand user activity and patterns.
- Browser web storage (also known as locally stored objects or “LSOs”), including HTML5 that enables the storage of a larger amount of data than cookies.
- Web beacons, also known as pixel tags or clear GIFs, which are used to demonstrate that a webpage or email was accessed or opened, or that certain content was viewed or clicked.
- Third-party software development kits (“SDKs”), which are software tools and programs that may enable the collection of information directly from our mobile application.
If you choose to log in to the Service through a social media or other third-party platform, or otherwise connect your account on the third-party platform to your account through the Service, we may collect information from that platform. For example, this information may include your third-party platform username, user ID, profile picture, cover photo, and networks to which you belong (e.g., school, workplace). You may also have the opportunity to provide us with additional information via the third-party platform or network, such as a list of your friends or connections and your email address. You can read more about your privacy choices in the “Third party platforms” portion of the “Your Choices” section.
Information we obtain from other third parties. We may receive personal information about you from third-party sources, such as marketing partners, publicly-available sources and data providers.
To operate the Service. We use your personal information to:
- provide, operate and improve the Service;
- establish and maintain your user profile on the Service;
- facilitate your to login to the Service via third-party identity and access management providers, such as Facebook;
- communicate with you about the Service, including by sending you announcements, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages;
- communicate with you about events or contests in which you participate;
- understand your needs and interests, and personalize your experience with the Service and our communications;
- provide support and maintenance for the Service; and
- respond to your requests, questions and feedback
For research and development. We may use your personal information for research and development purposes, including to analyze and improve the Service and our business. As part of these activities, we may create aggregated, de-identified or other anonymous data from personal information we collect. We make personal information into anonymous data by removing information that makes the data personally identifiable to you. We may use this anonymous data and share it with third parties for our lawful business purposes, including to analyze and improve the Service and promote our business.
To send you marketing communications. We may send you Vero-related marketing communications as permitted by law. You can opt-out of our marketing and promotional communications as described in the Opt out of marketing communications section below.
Compliance and protection. We use your personal information and may disclose it to law enforcement, government authorities and private parties, as we believe necessary or appropriate to:
- comply with applicable laws, lawful requests, and legal process, such as to respond to subpoenas or requests from government authorities;
- protect our, your or others’ rights, privacy, safety or property (including by making and defending legal claims);
- enforce the terms and conditions that govern the Service; and
- protect, investigate and deter against fraudulent, harmful, unauthorized, unethical or illegal activity, including cyberattacks and identity theft.
With your consent. In some cases we may specifically ask for your consent to collect, use or share your personal information, such as when required by law.
Service providers. We may share your personal information with third party companies and individuals that provide services on our behalf or help us operate the Service or our business (such as information technology, customer support, hosting, analytics, email delivery, marketing, and database management services).
Partners. With your consent, we may share your personal information with our business partners. For example, we share your information with insurance brokers or other service providers when you express an interest in learning more about their products and services.
Third-party platforms. If you have enabled features or functionality that connect the Service to a social media account or other third-party platform (such as by logging in to the Service using your account with the third-party, providing your API key or similar access token for the Service to a third-party, or otherwise linking your account with the Service to a third-party’s services), we may disclose the personal information that you authorized us to share. We do not control the third party’s use of your personal information.
Professional advisors. We may disclose your personal information to professional advisors, such as lawyers, bankers, auditors and insurers, where necessary in the course of the professional services that they render to us.
For compliance and protection. We may share your personal information for the compliance and protection purposes described above.
Business transfers. We may sell, transfer or otherwise share some or all of our business or assets, including your personal information, in connection with a business transaction (or potential business transaction) such as a corporate divestiture, merger, consolidation, acquisition, reorganization or sale of assets, or in the event of bankruptcy or dissolution.
Access or Update Your Information. If you have registered for an account with us, you may review and update certain personal information in your account profile by logging into the account.
Opt out of marketing communications. You may opt out of marketing-related emails by following the opt-out or unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of the email, or by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You may continue to receive service-related and other non-marketing emails. If you receive marketing text messages from us, you may opt out of receiving further marketing text messages from us by replying STOP to our marketing message. You may also text STOP to (314) 455-6751.
Cookies. Most browsers let you remove or reject cookies. To do this, follow the instructions in your browser settings. Many browsers accept cookies by default until you change your settings. Please note that if you set your browser to disable cookies, the Service may not work properly. Similarly, your browser settings may allow you to clear your browser web storage.
Do Not Track. Some Internet browsers may be configured to send “Do Not Track” signals to the online services that you visit. We currently do not respond to “Do Not Track” or similar signals. To find out more about “Do Not Track,” please visit www.allaboutdnt.com.
Third-party platforms. If you choose to connect to the Service through a social media account or other third-party platform, you may have the ability to limit the information that we may obtain from the third-party at the time you login to the Service using the third-party’s authentication service or otherwise connect your account. Subsequently, you may be able to control your settings through the third-party’s platform or service. If you withdraw our ability to access certain information from a third-party platform, that choice will not apply to information that we have already received from that third-party.
The Service may contain links to websites, mobile applications, and other online services operated by third parties. These links are not an endorsement of, or representation that we are affiliated with, any third party. In addition, our content may be included on web pages or in mobile applications or online services that are not associated with us. We do not control websites, mobile applications or online services operated by third parties, and we are not responsible for their actions.
We employ a number of organizational, technical and physical safeguards designed to protect the personal information we collect. However, security risk is inherent in all internet and information technologies and we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information.
We are headquartered in the United States and may use service providers that operate in other countries, and your personal information may be transferred to the United States or other locations where privacy laws may not be as protective as those in your state, province, or country.
The Service is not intended for use by children under the age of 18. If we learn that we have collected personal information of a child under 18 without the consent of the child’s parent or guardian, we will delete it. We encourage parents with concerns to contact us.
Vero Intelligence, Inc.Attn: Legal – Privacy370 Convention Way, 3rd floor, Redwood City, CA, 94063
Under California Civil Code section 1798.83, Vero customers who are California residents can request and obtain from us once a year and free of charge a list of the categories of customers’ personal information that we have disclosed during the preceding calendar year to certain third parties for their own direct marketing purposes, and the contact information for such third parties. If you are a California resident and would like a copy of this information, please submit a written request to us via email at email@example.com. You must put the statement "Your California Privacy Rights" in your request and include your name, street address, city, state, and ZIP code. We are not responsible for notices that are not labeled or sent properly, or do not have complete information. We reserve the right to confirm your California residency before processing these requests.