Flooding: Is your home protected?

Ensure your risks are minimized with the right flooding protection.
Share on facebook
Share on twitter
Share on linkedin

Flooding: Protect your home

Homeowners insurance does not cover damage to your home from a flood.  Defined by the National Flood insurance Program (NFIP) , a flood is a general and temporary condition of a partial or complete inundation of two or more acres of normally dry land area or two or more properties (at least one of which is your property). 

Typically, you will need a separate flood insurance policy, which is available through the National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP) or through private flood companies.  Additionally, if the home you purchased is in a flood zone and the home loan is financed by a bank or lender, flood insurance coverage will be mandatory.  You can also purchase it as a supplement measure to reduce any risk. Be mindful of very specific exclusions to personal properties and areas of the house in flood policies.

By providing your address, our models can assess if you are in a high risk zone for flooding and our protection advisors can provide complimentary advice.

Do you have the protection you need?

Life is full of risks. To your family. Your assets. Your future. The problem is traditional solutions that propose traditional answers, one policy at a time.

Vero’s fast and free Protection Plan is an unbiased analysis of all your risks. We’ll recommend what insurance to buy — and which policies you can safely cancel to save money.

Continue reading

©2020 Vero Intelligence, Inc.
370 Convention Way
Redwood City, CA 94063

Follow us